Wonder Book Review





The book that I am going to be reviewing is called Wonder by RJ Palacio. I really like this book because the main character, August Pullman shows how he feels about his life. He has a syndrome called Treacher Collins Syndrome which makes him have undeveloped facial bones and a very small lower jaw and chin. I love the way the author had conveyed what people diagnosed with Treacher Collins Syndrome would want to say. They will want to feel ordinary, but the people around them would not feel the same way. They will see the patients as people with crooked faces. August, in this story, tells readers about his life as a Treacher Collins Syndrome’s patient. Everyone around him seems ordinary, but he is not. 
One of the my most favourite line in this book is when August’s mum tried to console August. August said, ‘ She said soft words that I know were meant to help me, but words can’t change my face.’ I think the book portrays many emotions that different characters in the story experience. It is also mind changing for those who judge people with facial syndromes. We should always remember not to judge a book by its cover. I hope you will read this wonderful and uplifting book. Trust me, it’s uplifting in the end.

I’ll see you at the next review!

Kavin

Comments

Popular Posts