Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief book review

 



Hello guys, sorry for not writing for a long time, but I’m back! That’s what matters!

This time I am back with the review of Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief! Sit back and enjoy!

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. Such an amazing book. A book that makes you think from a different kind of perspective. A sarcastic one. I wanted to see, what there was that made readers laugh continuously on a couch for a few hours straight. That was the first thing I noticed. The sarcasm and humor. Rick Riordan brought it up so well that my eyes were kinda glued to the book. So much content, that can easily be understood by readers of many ages. That’s what I was jealous of Rick Riordan. He knows what he wants to say, and conveys it easily, in a funny way. For example, this book is about how Zeus’s lighting bolt gets stolen and how Percy, Annabeth, and Grover go and retrieve it. Almost every line I found myself laughing, non-stop. Then I realized that maybe the reason I was laughing was that Rick Riordan did a good job on Percy’s character development, which I need to learn from.

 When Percy first comes into the border of Camp Half-Blood, he is just a random pre-teen surprisingly alive after murdering a Minotaur and a goat-boy as a best friend. He was clueless about fighting, clueless about everything. All he knew was his dad was a Greek God who left him with his mother. The transition from nobody to hero was my favorite part. The adventure of the trio, to find the lightning bolt comes with lots of plot twists so… beware. But according to me, the whole series is amazing, and I love it. It's perfect for fans of Harry Potter and fantasy books. So, you should check it out too! It also makes me wonder; would it be cool to be a half-blood? I assume that Percy’s answer is “Not at all, Seaweed Brain.” I’ll leave you with that thought too, as I say, “BYE!!”

Signing off,

Kavin

Comments

Popular Posts