Tom Gates: Brilliant World of Tom Gates book review












Another book of humor on the way. This book is the first book of Tom Gates and the first book which made me laugh without stopping. Especially the part where Tom writes a song for his band, the DogZombies. It is called Delia is a Weirdo. The lines were the one which made me cry cuz I couldn't stop laughing. There is a storyline throughout, it follows Tom through a term at school, he is desperate to impress a girl, he wants to see his favorite band 'Dude 3' live and he wants to make his band 'DogZombies' really good. Follow his notes as he humiliates his teachers, winds up his sister, gets in and out of trouble and generally has a lot of mischief. I think this is a perfect way to write a diary type of book. Since it suits me, I should try writing a book like that.


But I didn't know till I read this book that Mr. Fullerman is an idiot! How could that beady eyed teacher fall for Tom's tricks? But I actually think that Tom's a really smart guy because his excuses for not bringing his homework was very good. I was really impressed. But he is very very unlucky to have a gloomy sister like Delia. Like look at my sister, she's always cheerful, smiling and....teasing me. I love her. Talking about the book, I actually loved the part where Tom dozes off in History lesson and thinks about the Dude 3 who are cheering, "Tom! Tom!" But in reality, Mr. Fullerman is actually screaming at him, "TOM!!!" I laughed so hard reading this book. I recommend this book to people who are young readers and any grown up! 

See You Soon!

Comments

Popular Posts