The Secret Daughter book review

 






The Secret Daughter, published in 17 June, 2015, is about a girl called Sabina. As I saw my new-born baby’s face for the first time I tried desperately to capture her face in my mind—to stamp it onto my eyelids. As she was taken from me I knew I might never see my daughter again. 38 years later… ‘You were adopted’. Three short words and Sabina’s life fractures. She has to find out who her real mother is... after 38 years. Well this is a bit of a mystery because Sabina’s adoptive parents would not say word about her biological parents even though they knew them. Sabina is determined to find out who her biological parents are…And her adoptive mother, who at last did not think that it was best for Sabina to not know her biological parents forever, told her soon.

So one day, she came and wrote in a piece of paper and gave it to Sabina, ’Liliana Wyzlecki, 3rd September 1973’. This clue means a lot to Sabina as she goes to Adoption Information Registry. Soon, she finds her biological parents and enjoys her time as much as she can…This is a beautiful book, a story that happens in real life because of selfishness. Sabina could have known when she was like 10 or 12 ! But 38 years! It was all because of her adoptive parents' selfishness!

Comments

Popular Posts